Home > Dundee - buses in the 20th Century
Click to view full size image

049 Royal Arch.

049 Royal Arch. Dundee’s Royal Arch was erected during 1849-1853 to commemorate a visit by Queen Victoria and Prince Albert in 1844 who only viewed a wooden version at the time. In a state of disrepair it was sadly demolished in 1964 when the Tay Road Bridge was built. Pictured from left are Daimler CVG6s number 97 KTS97 (new in 1960 and renumbered 103 in 1964) and number 272 HTS272 (new in 1958). Both were withdrawn from service in 1979. COURTESY OF THE EVENING TELEGRAPH, DUNDEE (ORDER REFERENCE DMOT34)

049_86_DMOT34_Royal_Arch_1961_edit.jpg 089_86_64_52_Empolyee_owned.jpg 093_86_Four_preserved_buses_in_Maryfield_edited_-_John_Fraser.jpg 053_86_YJ9127_AYJ373_143_entrance_to_Bell_Street_edit_-_John_Fraser.jpg 064_86_DMOT09_High_Street_April_1974_edit.jpg
Rate this file (No vote yet)
User Options
View all photos

To see all the photographs click here

Smart Folders

Smart folders are noted with an (s) after their name which means they can display photographs from other folders as well as those in their own folder. The file count quoted for smart folders may not be correct as files from other folders are not included.